Rare Breed Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Produced by Gruppo Campari
"Gluten is a class of proteins found in certain cereals, particularly wheat, rye, barley and oats. They are volatile and, in the production of distilled spirits from such cereals, they are not distilled into the spirit product.
"For example, by definition bourbon is produced from an original mash of at least 51% maize. The remaining 49% of the cereal grains in the mash may contain gluten. However, during distillation gluten would remain as part of the spent grains and not on the distillate or finished product.
"The bottom line is that, by the time the product has undergone distillation, maturation, blending and shipment, there is no gluten present in bourbon."
policy provided by email
Important: We try to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information available. However, please keep in mind that manufacturer policies and formulations can change at any time, and that some information listed on this site could be out-of-date or contain unintentional errors.
Remember to always read product labels and check with the manufacturer directly if you have any concerns.